Overturing Instrumental Overturing Instrumental

Interesting song! Definitely unique, in comparison to what I see most often on this site.

I look forward to seeing how you progress as a creator!

Corroid responds:

Thanks ;)

Thiscom - Purple Phantom [House] Thiscom - Purple Phantom [House]

Not bad! I kinda dig it.

Only thing I'll really critique here is the mixing. A lot of the synths are pretty harsh, and there's a bit of clipping going on, probably because some of your stuff is too loud.

Other than that, I like the idea. Keep making music!

DjThiscom responds:

I know, I know. :D THX! :*

Void Void

I like it! Very simple, could use a bit more clarity in the mix as everything kinda mixes together, but for an ambient track, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you changed anything about this track, the only thing I'd suggest is mixing at least one synth, probably whatever your lead was in this, more clearly. By that, all I mean is making it less of an "ambient" sound, and having it come a bit into the foreground, but only slightly so that this can remain an ambient track.

Overall, great job!

5TanLey responds:

this was supposed to be kinda "wall of deep sound" track so I didn't even try to mix it clearly in the first place.. but everybody has a little different taste, right, thx for the review! :)

Open Light - Pereseverance - ZY Remix Open Light - Pereseverance - ZY Remix

Thank you! I always love hearing remixes and covers of my music. I can't wait to hear more original music from you as you continue to learn about music creation.

AlphaStorm73 responds:

Thanks.

Azazal - Right Meow Azazal - Right Meow

Funky, glitchy track! Only thing I'd personally change would be the bass, as I'd have it punch a bit harder at certain points, but that's just my preference. This is very well mixed too. That's something I've struggled with a lot. Great track

Applesnitch - Aries [Original Mix] Applesnitch - Aries [Original Mix]

I've gotta review your most popular song, of course!

I'll keep this review simple, since I'm sure if you read the other review you're already sick of my long-winded reviews. Here's my one suggestion:

Try something other than dubstep. Your dubstep isn't too bad, but what I've heard from you makes me think that restricting yourself to dubstep as a genre is only holding you back. If you want to grow as a composer, definitely try some other genres that you like. Maybe a simple electronica (techno, trance, whatever) track would be a fun project for you. I think you could make some interesting songs if you tried creating some tracks that did not rely on wobble synths and other typical dubstep elements.

I really do look forward to hearing more from you!

Applesnitch - Leo [Original Mix] Applesnitch - Leo [Original Mix]

For someone just starting out, this is pretty good!

I will say this though. I feel like you make excellent music at the core, of course that will only improve over time as you acquire better VST's, learn more about mixing tricks, and stuff like that. But it seems like you felt pressured to make this song a dubstep song when it would have been better off without being a dubstep song.

By that, I mean that your song sans-dubstep elements would sound somewhat plain, but would have been a slow-paced, well-written track. But at certain points, the wobble synth comes in and feels out of place. I see two things you could do to modify this track to match what you wanted for it (which of course is the most important thing, because you should only ever make music you like personally):

First, you could keep that wobble synth in, but make it part of the background, not the foreground. That would mean turning its volume down substantially and allowing it to harmonize other elements in your song. If this is done, it could be best used if it came in and left similar to how it already does, but it should be paired with something else definitely. As it stands, this wobble synth essentially carries a melody, so if you made it part of the background, you would want to introduce a new melody on a different synth.

The alternative would be to take it out altogether and make this song deliberately chilled-out. You could add simple SFX to the background to bolster the calm synth choices you made, perhaps adding a lead with heavy reverb or something similar that would give this piece an airy feel.

But regardless, I'm giving this 4/5 stars because this reminds me a TON of my early stuff, just minus the dubstep influences. I look forward to hearing what you make in the future!

Lazy Day Lazy Day

Excellent! I haven't been able to check in for a while, mainly because I've been working to move on to the next step of my journey as a composer, but this song is great!

You managed to make a chill song that was still interesting from start to finish. That's unheard of here, trust me haha.

I really hope you continue to make music. It's always very good.

Birdinator99 responds:

I will continue, thank you so much man! I'm really glad you liked it! Look out for a review from me soon!

Forward Forward

Good job! I like your willingness to branch out into different genres. The effects you used definitely added some nice depth to this song as well! I look forward to seeing how you improve with future tracks.

DeathbringerMusic responds:

OMG I'm really happy that you left a review! I'm uploading 2 more songs soon!

-Haunted- -Haunted-

What I can say off the bat is the pluck lead is very basic. Maybe adding a reverb or a subtle delay might make it sound better in the grand scheme of this song.

The melody is pretty good though. I always like the idea of a creepy or ominous track. This could certainly be a great song once it's completed.

Another thing I might suggest is to make the drums more dynamic and engaging. I'm guilty of keeping drums plain in a lot of my songs too haha, but it still stands that it would be a good move to add some more life to the drum line.

Outside of minor criticisms, I like where this is going. I eagerly anticipate the finished product.

Applesnitch responds: